In a world of smiles - some need a helping hand
There is no need for a child or young person to miss out on a great smile because orthodontic treatment is beyond their family means.
For as little as $10 a week you can make a life-long difference.
"Winner Excellence in Addressing Health Inequalities Award at 2009 MidCentral DHB Health Awards"
We are a small trust with very limited funds. We consider grants 3 times each year at the end of February, June and October.
An application form is downloadable from here.
We have 6 criteria we use to establish priority - these are:
- family financial need
- palmerston north city and manawatu district residence,
- dental need (a note or letter from your dentist),
- the child's wish and willingness to have and care for braces,
- the parental contribution
- and the completion of some community work by the child. For this children need to be aged between 13 and 18 years.
Applicants should include a covering letter from the parent, a letter from the child, and any other documentation they think is relevant.
We get many more requests for help than we can meet but encourage all who meet the above criteria to apply.